Benefits of Volunteering
The first and foremost “benefit” of volunteering is the incredible feeling one gets from lending a helping hand! Doesn’t it feel good to help? Our goal at McDowell is to provide opportunities for volunteers to “know” they are making a difference.
Other incentives of volunteering might include:
- New and lasting friendships with other volunteers and staff
- Firsthand experience working in a hospital
- Involvement in an important community service
- Enhanced job skills and resume
Other McDowell benefits for our volunteers:
- Free annual flu vaccine
- Free McDowell meal (for every 4 hour shift)
- Free Volunteer Uniform
- McDowell Hospital newsletters
- Invitations to special events
- Educational opportunities
- Annual award and recognition events
Ready to get started? Go to the GET STARTED tab and find out more info.