Occupational Medicine Services was established to provide quality health and wellness coordination to small businesses, corporations, and the community-at-large. Occupational Medicine offers a variety of services, including, but not limited to:
- Workers’ Compensation Injury Management: If you are experiencing a life threatening emergency, please call 911. If you find you are in need of medical treatment as the result of a non-life threatening Workers’ Compensation injury, please notify your employer immediately. Please make every effort to have a company representative with you when you arrive to be treated for your injury, as well as a completed patient information form, signed by your employer.
- Drug Screenings: Before arriving to the hospital for your drug screen, please be sure to have your government issued photo identification and your full social security number. If you are having a DOT drug screen completed, be sure you have your company’s specific 4-part DOT Chain of Custody form with you.
- DOT and Non-DOT physicals: For DOT physicals, the medical examiner’s form and card are available for printing below. Please have your portion of the form completed before you arrive. For all other physicals, please be sure you have your form or your company’s form with you when you arrive.
- Preventive Services: For questions or information about Health Events, classes, or other services that may be available to your company or your employees, please use our “Contact Us” form below, or call the McDowell Scheduling Center.
For questions or to make an appointment, please contact the McDowell Scheduling Center, (828) 659-5777 or complete this online form .
The McDowell Scheduling Center office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
For after hours Laboratory needs, please call (828) 659-5140.
Common Forms and Downloads:
- DOT Physical (with Medical Card) 
- New Patient Registration
- New Patient Registration (Spanish)
- McDowell Hospital – Campus Map
- Occupational Medicine Services brochure (Coming Soon!)