When your feet hurt, it’s hard to keep up with normal daily movement…forget about sports, hiking, dancing and other activities you love. You don’t need to spend another day suffering with foot pain. Quality care, delivered by experienced physicians, is available right here in your neighborhood.
McDowell Hospital brings specialized podiatric care to our community by granting hospital privileges to credentialed, board certified physicians who diagnose and treat the complete range of conditions found in the foot and ankle, and teach how to improve and maintain foot health. If surgery is part of your treatment plan, your operation may be performed in McDowell Hospital’s Surgery Department , when appropriate.
Credentialed podiatric physicians treat potential problems through a wide variety of services. Some of the most common conditions treated include:
- Ankle instability and sprains
- Athletes foot
- Injuries, fractures, tendon tears
- Bunions, corns and calluses
- Wound and ulcer care
- Flat feet
- Arthritic conditions
- Geriatric foot care
- Foreign body removal
- Heel pain
- Ingrown toenails
- Neuromas (nerve swelling)
Podiatric physicians also offer specialized treatments such as:
- Surgery – including traditional, diagnostic and arthroscopic
- Shockwave therapy – to treat bone and joint conditions, calcification or diseases of the tendon
- Diabetic foot care including therapeutic diabetic shoes
For more information, please call 828-659-5000.
Physicians providing the referenced services are credentialed members of McDowell Hospital medical staff; they are not employed by McDowell Hospital.